Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My mother warned me of this...

So today I had a moment when I totally felt like my mother did years ago. She has always told me that pay backs are hell and there have been many times when I have been talking with her about Isabella and she gives me this look like she has been through this before with someone, that someone was me.
When I was four or five I was just minding my own business quietly drawing a picture with a brand new pencil. For some odd reason I had this crazy thought, I wonder if that eraser will fit up my nose. Next thing I knew I had bitten if off of the end of the pencil and had given it a try not even thinking about what the consequences might be. Much to my curiosities delight, it fit right up there. Seconds later it hit me, how was I going to get it out. To make a long story short, my mother had to end up taking me to the doctor to have it pulled out because it had gotten so far up there no one could see it.
So today as I was driving us all to Costco Isabella starts screaming hysterically. She sits the farthest back in the "Mini" so it is impossible to get to her without stopping the car. Once I get her calmed down enough to talk to me she tells me she has a flower in her nose. I am thinking, "A WHAT!" Then I realized she has these little glittery flowers that are just the right size for noses. I immediately stop the car and crawl back there to check it out and sure enough there was a flower in her nose. I wanted to yell, "What were you thinking!!!" but instead my mind flashed back to my eraser days and I was reminded of how something so silly could happen. Luckily it was visible and she was able to blow it out but she was traumatized! I don't think she will be sticking anything in her nose anytime soon if ever.
Sorry mom for being such a pain, once again I now know how you felt:)

No comments: