Wednesday, October 22, 2008

101 Ways to Entertain Your Child

Every Monday afternoon I take my kiddos to my 4:00 tutoring job and we always end up staying hours beyond what I intend to. The reason is because my kids are having so much fun there. I always thought that it was because they have a trampoline, a gym in their house (not kidding), and loads of kids. This may be the appeal but then the mom let me in on a little secret, this book.
She is the mother of five and the sweetest person I have ever met. I have been tutoring their daughter in math for the last year and a half and every time I am around this family I just get all warm and fuzzy inside. They are not only faith centered people but they are also very REAL people. Having been around them I have definitely seen ups and downs but no matter what you can tell that at the end of the day they all just love one another. I look up to her and only hope to accomplish what she has with her children.
Last Monday as I was ending my session I walked in on yet another craft project that they were constructing with my children. I asked how in the heck she always has a way of keeping my kids busy. This is when she pulled out this little book that she has had for 16 years. I looked it up on Amazon today and ordered 3 (great for Christmas gifts to friends). Some of the activities may be things you already do but it is nice to have things compiled in one book to pull out on the upcoming snowy days.
Highly recommend for any grandma or busy mommy:)
Authors were hard to read here so I will list them:
Danelle Hickman and Valerie Teurlay

No comments: