Sunday, November 16, 2008

Roller Skate

My niece celebrated her sixth birthday at the skating rink this weekend so Isabella and I got to go and try out our skills. This was Isabella's first time with skates on and she loved it! In fact I thought she was going to cry when I told her it was time to leave.
She has seen my rollerblades from my college days in the garage and has always been really curious about them. In fact a couple of months ago I put them on to show the girls what their mommy could do. We went around the neighborhood with the double jogger and Isabella was so scared she thought I was going to crash. I had forgotten what a great workout those babies can be! My legs reminded me the next morning!
We had a great time skating and I must say the roller rink has not changed a bit from the 80's. Same fluorescent carpet, same trinket toys to buy, and same creepy guy working there! As you can see in the pics they gave Isabella starter skates, the kind you put on with shoes. The wheels are a bit tighter on them so they don't go as fast. Once she got the hang of it she told me to stand against the wall so that she could go around by herself. This lasted a few seconds when a couple of older boys whizzed by her and scared her to death. We decided we need to go back again and this time put the skates on daddy. It is kind of scary, but I remember Kyle in roller skates when we had our elementary school skating parties. Of course I doubt he noticed me, but I always thought he was a cutie!






No comments: