Monday, September 1, 2008

Splish Splash














Today was our last official day of fun in the sun at the neighborhood pool. We have had a blast there this summer and we are sad that it has ended. The girls have come so far with their swimming this summer I can't believe it.
Isabella can now go all the way under and jump in from the side. She is so very cautious about everything that she does so this is a REALLY big deal for her. We tried many weeks to convince her to do these things but just like every milestone in her life thus far she is not going to do it until it is on her terms.
And little Margaret, my adventurous one, loves to stand on the edge and count to her version of ten before splashing into the water. This is the child I didn't take swimming lessons with yet you would think she was part fish if you saw her swim. I love the diversity in my girls:)
Walter made it into the water a few times this summer but was usually very happy just snoozing on the side. We tried to always go during his morning nap so that I could hang with the girls. Thank goodness we had a somewhat mild summer so that I could get away with this.
I guess we will pack up our floaties until next summer!!

No comments: