Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Princess is Four!

We can't believe it, but our Isabella has turned four!!!!

As with all of my children's birthday's, Kyle thinks I go a little overboard. What he still doesn't understand, even after knowing me for the last 11 years (yes that is how long we have known each other), is that I LOVE birthday's. Not so much mine anymore, as I have gotten older and had children they really are no big deal to me. I just want to make the day magical and special for them. Maybe it is because my kiddos are so close in age and I feel like they have to share so much and everything has to be so even all of the time that this is the one day I can spoil them, who knows. So the night before her big day I am running around like I am on crack decorating her door, her breakfast chair, and making a big fuss over everything while Kyle is lying on the couch making fun of me. I had her door all decked out with streamers and ballons and I was just so excited for her to see it when she woke up. Well, I should have remembered what child I was dealing with because about 3:30 in the morning she woke up to do her nightly potty and she opened up her door to the craziness and freaked a little bit. Once I had her calmed she informed me that she didn't like those things (streamers) and wanted them off of her door. Oh well, it is the thought that counts right?

No comments: