Thursday, August 2, 2012

And here we are...Omahoma



 Many of you have asked me why I haven't blogged in awhile, people have been wanting updates on what the crazy Zimmermans have been up to! 

 Well here is the scoop on this. 
 I blog for many reasons but my main reason is for my kids.  Each year at Christmas they get a hardback book of a year's worth of my blog entries.  This is my way or version of a scrapbook for them.  It is something I hope that they will always keep with them and pull out many years from now when they are not at home with us and hopefully it will give them some comfort and remind them of how much they are loved by their family.  
Which is why I usually tend to only write about the good/positive/happy/funny things that go on around here.  We are like any other family, we have our fair share of disasters around here...daily, but how fun would it be to read your childhood book full of complaints from your mom.  Not how I want to be remembered! 
This move has brought about all sorts of emotions from me and as much as I tried to stay positive and excited, it was hard.  I honestly think I have stayed away from my blog so long because I feared looking at my pictures.  Pictures paired with music always get to me! 
So change is hard for some people and I am one of those people.  

But here we are in our new house in Omahoma (this is what Caroline calls it) and I am ready to be positive! 
 We are meeting our new neighbors, the girls have joined a swim team, Kyle is loving his new job, Walter is signed up for soccer, we are spending time with new friends, and reconnecting with important loved ones from the past.  School starts in a few weeks and I can't believe I will have a 2nd grader, one in Kindergarten, and one in Pre-K.  Not sure yet how I am going to manage all of this kid free time ;)

When this truck pulled up to our house on May 29th two things went through my mind:

1.  I can't believe this is really happening!

2.  How is all of our cr#$ going to fit into that thing.  I hope we don't have to pay more for another truck!

Moving day wore us all out.  
This little bitty crashed on the floor cuddled in her sister's bedding and her  brother's bobbi

Well they got everything cleared out and loaded into one truck and I was able to get one last shot on my way out the door.
  
The entire month of June we drifted from friends to family staying with whomever would have us.  Kyle was working in town until the end of June and I was not moving without him.  We are so very thankful to those who helped us out.  Taking on a family of six is a very brave thing to do and you all did it without hesitation.  Thank you!

Stay tuned, I can't wait to fill you in on what we have been up to!


1 comment:

bethany said...

You have had SUCH an amazing attitude through all of this! I have been so impressed and inspired by whole you have handled the move. And the renovating. And more renovating=) So happy you guys are just a few minutes up the road. Can't wait for more swim dates and dinner dates!