Monday, August 27, 2012

First Day, New School!

First day of school!!!!  
It has been about a week and a half now that the kids have started school in our new town and I must say things are going well:)  
I have stewed on where they would go to school here since February!  For those of you who had to put up with me during my rants, I apologize.  I searched high and low for what I thought would be most like the awesome school/religious community that we had in KC.  I never quite found what felt right.  As I was searching, everyone kept telling me that the school district we were in was top notch, really hard to beat.  I still insisted on looking further than that.  I wanted to keep life as unchanged as possible for my kids.  I have realized that this is not possible!   After much thought and prayer we have settled into our new school community quite nicely!  I kept getting lead this way, not sure why, but I quit resisting and gave in.  They say everything happens for a reason, can't wait to see what this one means!
What I have learned here is that kids are resilient!  
 Even though I was stewing and obsessing about this I didn't do it in front of my kids.  I know kids pick up on things but I really tried to stay as cool as a cucumber in front of them.  Maybe it worked??? They are excited to go each morning and have yet to shed a tear.  Maybe they are just sick of being with me all day long?  Who knows what is going on but they are loving it and already starting to make friends.
Watch out 2nd grade!
Been dreaming about Kindergarten for about a year now!
Bring it on Pre-K

No comments: