Sunday, August 12, 2012

Table Rock Lake 2012

I'm a lake girl.
Love everything and every moment that I get to spend outside at the lake. 
This was the eighth summer that I have gotten to go to the lake with kids (I am counting the first when Isabella was in my tummy).  I am hoping that they are soaking up all of the same memories that I have from my parents taking our family every summer when I was growing up.
I will say it is much different being a mom of four kids at the lake than it used to be when I could just go and be a kid.  Props to the moms who keep doing these vacations even though it is tough work for us!  Here are some snapshots of our summer lake fun!

Jumping backwards from the dock 
and then again on the water trampoline.  This thing is a riot!  Makes you feel like you are about twelve again.  My kids loved it.  Isabella also found a cliff with her daddy to do some jumping.  Wish I could have gotten pics but didn't want to chance a camera on the jet ski.
They never tired of jet ski rides.
We got to celebrate Papa turning 60!
Never have seen my dad smile so big, love him!
Spent many nights around the campfire making our favorite smores.
 Celebrating Mimi's birthday too!
Happy Birthday Mom!  
Love You!

Couldn't get a great picture of these two on the tube and skis.  They both are so close to taking off on skis.  Need to get a little bit stronger in the legs for next year.  So proud of you both for trying!
When mommy drives the boat I turn up the tunes.  Margaret is jamming out to this one.  


The lake wears us all out.  
This was taken on the dock after she fell asleep riding the jet ski!

Despite lost skis, Margaret's bee sting, huge beetles stuck to our cabin, wild dogs,  and 100 degree afternoons
 we had an amazing trip filled with
 laughs, memories, trying new things, and family.

Already excited for next year!

1 comment:

Rebecca Moore Photography said...

Love the lake pics! Brings back memories from when we were kids. And that is a great picture of your mom and dad. So sweet!