Sunday, December 4, 2011

Turkey Cake

I will never forget the Thanksgiving night that I went into labor with my Margaret Mary.
We had both sets of families over that year because we knew she would be coming soon. After spending the day in the kitchen and eatting a huge meal I had it in my mind that I was going to walk that baby right out of me. I made my mom walk several miles with me, then Kyle's mom walked a couple more miles.
Once home, nothing.
I waited a bit and then went out and did several laps around the cul-de-sac.
Again no progress.
Frustrated, and barely able to move at this point, I gave up. I sat down to watch Grey's Anatomy at 8:00 p.m. that night and boom, my contractions started! By 8:00 a.m. I got to meet my Margaret Mary:)
I have teased her all month leading up to her big day that since it was on actual Thanksgiving this year we would be having turkey cake, turkey decorations, turkey crafts, and heck we would probably all just dress up like turkeys! Of course she thought this was hysterical but then whispered in my ear "really mom?" I think I actually had her a little worried:)
It was a great day that she got to spend with family. I think I spent too much time in the kitchen because this is the only picture that I got and it was from the morning. Kyle took the cake shots but they were too blurry to post, and no it was not a turkey cake:)

Turkey Stroll 5K 2011

Beautiful day for a run! We took the kids out of the stroller and let them run across the finish line! Loved getting to do this, hope to do it every year!

1 comment:

petitefeetphotography said...

Jess,
I remember this too! I was pregnant with Andrew and I remember talking to you about going on that walk to go into labor! : ) Can't believe that was 5 years ago!!!!
jenni