Monday, December 5, 2011

Meet Charlie!


Meet Charlie.
He is a jolly ole' elf with a lot of spunk!
So I fell into the "Elf on a Shelf" trap.
I had heard about this last year but didn't think much about it. This year he has seemed to have exploded because he is everywhere and everyone has him.
He fell from the sky and landed right on our porch. When the kids noticed him out in the cold they immediately begged for us to keep him. Of course I couldn't resist this cute little guy and I caved. He is now, offically, the Zimmerman elf. The children named him "Charlie"! Throughout the day he watches to make sure that my children are behaving. By night he sneeks out and takes flight to visit Santa and let him know if they have been naughty or nice. Each morning he is in a new spot and he is not to be touched or his magic will be lost.
This has been great fun for my kids each morning to find "Charlie". He has even gotten them to do things around here on the first time asked. Every time Walter misbehaves and I remind him of Charlie and he walks right up to him and apologizes.
I have decided that I really like this little elf. Even if I have woken up several mornings in a panic to get downstairs to move him before they awake, he is so worth it!

No comments: