Friday, May 15, 2009

Last Day of School

Thursday was Isabella's last day of preschool!!!  
She has had a wonderful year in Ms Ginny's class and has become such an independent little helper.  Her energy is never ending and this was her outlet to be creative, confident, and smart all on her own.  I can't believe that the year is already over because it seems like it had just begun.  She goes to preschool at our church and it has been such a good fit for her.  Her teacher was able to get her to come out of her shell a bit and feel more comfortable in her own skin.  This is what I want for my girls, to have the confidence that I never really had until I was in my twenties.  I am not sure why it took me so long to get there but looking back on my younger years I wonder why I cared so much what other people thought of me.  It all seems so silly now and I realize I probably did miss out on a few opportunities because of it.  If my children remember anything that I ever tried to teach them I hope that it is to always be true to yourself.
Our last day was complete with a picnic in the park with friends.
Pretending they were at the beach
I'll always have my sissy:)

Next year is another year of preschool for Isabella.  She misses the cutoff date by 2 1/2 weeks.  She will be in a Pre-K program at our same school.  Miss Margaret is also off to wonderful things next year.  She will be doing a program that is one morning a week.  Walter and I just won't know what to do with ourselves!

No comments: