Friday, May 15, 2009

A Happy Mother's Day!

This year was a little bit different kind of Mother's Day.  I had a wonderful day with my kiddos and my family but I did miss my other half, it is just not the same when he is not around.  Kyle was on call all weekend, which I am used to, it just seemed much  harder because it seemed like we were missing out on a holiday even though he informed me that it was not a "real" holiday:)

My day started off with a wonderful brunch at the Bristol with my family.  They kids were awesome and it was so yummy!  Of course my fave is their desert bar!  We got home in time for the kids to nap.  After a nice long nap I received one of the best gifts ever, Walter decided he was ready to walk (of course some bribing helped).  We were all sitting in the living room chatting and Isabella and I were sharing a bowl of Goldfish crackers.  My dad stood him up on his feet and once he saw us eating the crackers he took off across the room towards us to get himself a snack.  Of course he is still pretty wobbly and prefers crawling because he knows he can get there faster.  Each day I have seen him walk more and more.  I am kind of relieved because going to the park with a crawling baby has not been much fun, but on the same note I am kind of sad because this just means that his is growing up and it is happening too fast!


Wobbly Walter
Big Boy
On our way to brunch!

No comments: