Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Santa Claus



We made our 3rd annual trip to the children's Christmas party at our church and the kids had a blast. It is a great event that we look forward to every year. It is filled with games, crafts, a moonwalk, holiday treats, and of course Santa Claus. Usually the line for Santa goes on and on for ever. Kyle or I usually start out waiting in line while the other takes the kids to do an activity. This year Santa did have a nice line with eager children awaiting him but there was a new guy in town, a balloon man who could make any shape balloon that you could think of. The kids were just amazed by him and it didn't seem to bother them that the line took forever because they were just mesmerized watching him twist and shape those balloons! I am wondering if I should look into taking some classes on this because they were so entertained!

We have yet to have a Santa picture that either I am not in or the children aren't crying. This year of course was no different, Mommy made it in the pic and my little bug Margaret refused. In fact she yelled her official two-year-old "NnnnnnnnnnnnnO!" at Santa when he tried to talk to her. There were no tears, just a big fat no. Oh well, maybe next year:)


























Walter couldn't take her eyes off of Santa. Isabella was such a big girl and told him exactly what her little heart desires: "sparkley lip gloss, and lots of bubble gum". Do you think she will always be this easy:)


1 comment:

Staci said...

I agree on the balloon man. Currently I am trying to get Brad to learn how to do this, he is crafty like that. So far this year my girls have gotten ballon candy canes (IHOP), balloon flowers, and airplanes. I am thinking this would be a hit at birthday parties.