Monday, December 15, 2008

Let the Holiday Baking Begin...




Every year my mom and I set aside a day to do all of our holiday baking. We just spend the entire day baking like crazy people. We make our traditional goodies that we make every year but we also try too add something new to the mix. This year our new goodies are coconut clusters and pecan tarts.

We have done this since I was a child and it has always been something that I look forward to doing. It started out as something we had done with my grandmother, aunts, and cousins. Now that everyone has grown it is just my mom and I. It is a great tradition that I love getting to share with my girls. They are getting to the age where they really enjoy helping out in the kitchen, especially with any taste testing that needs to be done:) We can't wait to share all of our yummy treats!!!












1 comment:

Leslie O'Hara said...

Hi Jessica, I love all of your holiday photos! Sorry I haven't responded to your note, I am going to figure this out and keep my blog going this year! So good to see your family is doing well, I'll have to drop by and say hello someday! My email is leslieohara@hotmail.com. Keep in touch! -Leslie