Monday, December 22, 2008

Party Time with Cousins

I was in Topeka over the weekend to catch up with the extended family. We had a gathering at my aunt and uncle's house and many of my mom's siblings and my cousins were there. It was so fun getting to see everyone. Some of my fondest childhood memories were the gatherings that we had. My mom is one of twelve and everyone has at least two children or more. There are so many of us cousins that as a child it was a blast when we all got together. As we have gotten older and every one's lives have gotten busier it has become harder for these gatherings to take place so when they do it means so much. This year was especially fun because now we are all having our own children and they are getting to be around each other and getting to know one another. It was a special treat for me to see my children experience this!

Walter not sure of the girlie birthday hat
Getting ready to celebrate Celeste's first birthday!

Walter and Lauren
(they are a couple of days apart)

Aren't they cute!




No comments: