Sunday, May 15, 2011

Rootinest Tootinest Round Up!


Last weekend we did a combo party for my two little ones.
Caroline turned one May 13th and Walter will turn three May 22nd.
He actually was very excited to get to share his big party with his baby sister, which made life super easy for this momma:) He chose the theme, Toy Story, and I took care of all of the details!
Decorating was super easy for this theme, we just decorated our mantel with some of our favorite Toy Story characters that we already had lying around.

Woody is really the cowboy that inspired the party. Walter loves Woody! He's got his cowboy boots, his cowboy hat, and now he has got his cowboy vest!

My cousin made these yummy treats! They were amazing! I can honestly say that I have had a lot of cake in my lifetime because of my sweet tooth and these really are one of a kind. They rocked my world and were a huge hit!



The birthday girl just waking up from her nap.
My little cowboy was so excited. He kept asking all day, "When are the people going to get here?"
Every birthday girl needs her birthday hat!
Sharing some smooches with daddy.
This was the highlight of the party. And for any of you who thought about doing this but didn't want to spend the extra money... it was worth every stinking penny! It got delivered and setup at 12:00 and then taken down and picked up at 8:00 that night. My kids literally jumped in it from the moment it arrived until the moment it was unplugged. If it wasn't such an eyesore I would maybe even consider buying one just to get things done around the house:) The company I went with was very reasonable and very professional, I highly recommend them.
I had other games set up in the backyard but really the kids were so into the bounce house they didn't give a hoot about my bean bag toss or my ring toss games.






Caroline and her cousin Stella

Walter with his buddy Davis

He did a great job blowing out those candles!
My cousin also made Caroline's first cake. She didn't dig in quite like I thought that she would but she did take a few bites. Boy am I going to have to teach this one a thing or two about these sweets!
Not sure what to think about all of this cake...
decided to give it a try...
didn't like how it made her hands feel sticky.
Miss Stella loved her piece!

Although the weather was a bit chilly for May the party was a blast.
We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people to help celebrate and create memories that we will cherish forever!

No comments: