Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Highlights of a Perfect Mother's Day!

Okay, I must warn you before you read this post...
no your eyesight is not getting worse, my husband just thought he could take better pictures if he set my camera to manual focus.
My pics are a bit blurry, but it was really sweet of him to get in some pictures of me with my four little bugs. The blurriness actually captures the true craziness of being a mommy to these precious gifts!

My Mother's Day was AwEsOmE!!!
We started out by having brunch at the Bristol.
Love a little seafood brunch with a desert bar that is superb! Definitely fulfills my sweet tooth! These shots might best describe what it is like getting four kids ready and out the door to be some place at a certain time...
Business as usual, no one is cooperating.
Caroline is about to take a nose dive as her big sis Margaret spots a yellowjacket wasp buzzing by.
She didn't really fall on her face but boy was she mad!
Trying to get a good shot with my better half, why does he look so mad????
Love my mama!
Thanks for being the best mom ever!
Everything I know about being a mama, I learned from you:)

After some shopping with my mom we headed to the farm. This is one of my favorite places to go with my kids and I was very excited for Caroline to experience it. She was so young last summer so she has no memory of me bringing her here weekly so that we could get out of the house. Those first four months were tough and really this is the only place I could bring her that the animals didn't care how much she cried and at least my other kiddos got to have some fun.
She was a little timid when she got up close to the animals but I did get her to pet the dairy cow and she let the goats lick her arm. I must say one of her favorites was the new ice cream parlor that just opened. Her daddy shared his sherbet with her and she loved it!
Here we are in the garden. My girls love looking at all of the plants. There is a mixture of flowers and vegetables and they keep their eye on their growth throughout the summer.
This little man went CrAzY at the farm! He was like a little nut ball about everything! He wouldn't stop talking about turtles, buffalos, horses, chickens, cows, you name it he was obsessed with it! He really wouldn't stop with the horse thing so we had to buy him a ride. He really wasn't supposed to ride until he is three but they didn't ask so we didn't tell. In a couple of weeks he will be three and this just really rocked his world!
A perfect ending to a perfect day!
We ended the day with a movie and a little snuggle time.

Even though we can all be a little crazy sometimes, I love my family!
They fill me up and make each day an adventure for me.
Thank you for making my day perfect:)

3 comments:

bethany said...

I LOVE those pictures!!! I love how they capture the craziness of life! Way to go Kyle - I think the last one of you and the kids where C is screaming is my FAVE.

Happy mother's day! Sounds like you guys had a great day!!

Staci said...

So glad you had a great day! Looks wonderful! Have the same dress from targay too. :)

beth said...

Your pictures of the kids and you at the beginning of your post are HILARIOUS! I love it! Glad you had such a blessed day!