Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Little Boy is Three!


Walter's birthday was last Sunday and even though we had already had a party for him it hadn't quite set in that my little man was really going to turn three. I think that with the party being a week ahead of time I was just in denial that he was actually going to turn three. But of course the day came and he did indeed become a three-year-old.

Here are the two things that Walter was most excited about when turning three:

1. He gets to finally go to visit the dentist. Don't know what the draw is here but he has been talking about this for the last six months. I can't relate, I hate going to the dentist!

2. He finally gets to do an activity other than swimming and this little guy picked soccer. In fact, he was asked to be on a t-ball team this summer but when he found out girls would be on his team too he said he only wanted to play soccer. He starts Friday:)

Each day I am reminded of what my Walter looked like as a baby. His little sister takes the cake on being his little twin. I still, in fact, see him as so much younger than my older girls when really the only difference between Margaret and him is eighteen months.
Lately though, this little guy has amazed me with all of the knowledge, courage, caring, and sensitiveness that he has. He is excellent at every sport that he tries, I can't wait to see him on the soccer field. He loves playing with his cars, drawing me pictures, reading books, running around like a maniac, and just basically doing anything and everything outside. He makes up and sings me the silliest songs each night before going to bed and he has the coolest dance moves I have ever seen!

We waited until his actual day to give him his "TA DA" present,
a Lightning McQueen scooter!
Poor guy has had to scoot around on a pink one for the last six months so this was a big WOW for him.

Couldn't even get him to stop for a good picture!
We had a great day of seeing all of the animals at the zoo. Walter's favorite part was getting to watch the giraffe eat.
Trying to coordinate a picture with all four... well you know how this goes!
Two of the most handsome boys that I know, love them to pieces!

Happy Birthday Walter!
Mommy loves you to the moon and back!

No comments: