Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Kissing Hand


Twas the night before Kindergarten and all through the house
everyone was sleeping...
except for the mom who keeps pulling up pictures of her daughter
and with tears in her eyes is wondering where the time has gone!!!!

The Kissing Hand has been a favorite book around here lately
and for any of you who haven't yet read it I suggest you do.
It is a keeper! It is about a little raccoon and his feelings about going
to school, and it also shows how mothers can have feelings about this
first day as well.
Tonight after we read it for the millionth time she just looked at me
and gave me the biggest hug ever!!! I think that she knows that this
is going to be much harder on mommy than it is going to be for her.
As I was looking at pictures every memory passed through me like it
was just yesterday. I wonder will it always be this way when I look
at pictures of our lives? Will it always be this emotional?

One of my favorite shots, "Daddy & Me". Isabella was six months old here.
Isabella on her 3rd birthday. She had a tea party
I have been hanging out with this little gal for the last 5 years and 11 months non-stop. We both have a love of being outside, getting up early, sweets, cherry-limades, Nordstroms Cafe, and just being together.

She is my...
activity organizer of the day
strawberry slicer
bottle feeder
diaper fetcher
pizza maker
favorite person to ride bikes with
awesome swimmer
elegant dancer
bug patrol
anything baby danger patrol
&
one of my five favorite people to cuddle with while everyone else is napping.

Knock'em dead darlin, show them what you've got!


My little bug went to bed super excited! Her uniform is all laid out and ready to go. Her book bag is packed, her water bottle is in the fridge, and her new sparkly shoes are waiting by the door. I just can't wait to fill you in on her first day!

Okay, I better head off to bed, she will probably be up here in a few hours wondering when we need to leave the house so that we won't be late for school!!

1 comment:

bethany said...

Very sweet! She's going to do great! Hang in there!!