Monday, October 5, 2009

God's Country


Last week we were able to take the kids to one of my favorite places on earth... Beaver Creek, Colorado.  
Beaver Creek holds a special place in my heart for so many reasons.  Eight and a half years ago Kyle and I went here for what I thought was just another ski vacation (this is when we used to do this sort of thing!).  I had never been and I was captured by how beautiful it was, not kidding I think that this is one of the most beautiful, most peaceful places I have ever been.  After a long day of skiing and a cold beer by a warm fire we went outside to watch a fireworks display on the mountain.  As the night skiers came down and "Jessie's Girl" played in the background my man got down on one knee and proposed.  We hadn't been back until this weekend and it was even more beautiful than I remembered and I loved getting to share it with my kids.  We took them to the exact spot and ate at many of the same places.  We snuck in some amazing runs that were almost overwhelming because of the mountains all around us. Many times we asked ourselves why we lived in Kansas.  
We were in town to celebrate Kyle's cousin's wedding, which was a blast.  My little man Walter was the ring bearer and he did a fantastic job.  He made it down the aisle solo (the flower girl didn't make it) right into my arms.  At the reception all of my kids busted a move until their little bodies just couldn't do it any longer.  Walter actually fell asleep in my arms, on the dance floor, grooving to a fast song!

Love this picture of my family:)
The next day Walter and Kyle were near this trail and actually saw a bear!  Of course Walter was roaring at it.
Such a handsome boy! 
Gearing up for the big day.

Even if we never live in this beautiful part of the country we have decided that it is a place where we want to be at least a couple of times a year just to enjoy all of the beautifulness that God created.

No comments: