Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Little Lady



My little lady is FiVe!!!!!
Last weekend we celebrated Isabella's fifth birthday with a fun-filled birthday weekend!
Her actual birthday was on Saturday and we started off the day with sprinkle donuts in her decorated chair.  From there we spent the morning getting ready for her party at the gym that we belong to.  She has been wanting to have her party here since we joined and I caved, but I am glad that I did because it was a great place to have a party. Lots of fun activities for the kids with the highlight being the slide into the outdoor pool.   
We ended the night with dinner and her favorite spot, Mi Ranchito.  They serenaded her with a birthday song in Spanish that took her by surprise.  I wasn't sure how she would handle it, this used to make me get tears in my eyes as a kid, but she did great!  She even wore the sombrero while they sang.
The next day we went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  We love the book at our house and they were very excited to see the movie.  The movie was fantastic and fun for the kids because they got to wear 3D glasses.
The best part for me was on the morning of her birthday she woke up and said, " Mommy am I five right now?"  I told her "yes'.  She then told me, "Mommy, why aren't my feet any bigger, why aren't I any taller, I can't tell that I am five".  I love to know what their little minds are thinking.  I convinced her that she was for sure five and she spent the whole day telling all that would listen that she was "five".
Thanks to all that came to help celebrate her big day, it meant the world to her and she loved having you there.


What a great day I had with you bug, I can't believe you are five already because I still remember how you fit into my hands the day that you came into this world.  You are beautiful inside and out!  
I love you!!!

No comments: