Sunday, September 13, 2009

Congrats to the Kramers!!!

This weekend our family traveled to the wonderful town of Springfield, Illinois for a wedding.  Kyle's good friend from med school has been doing his Urology residency here for the last five years and met the girl of his dreams.  She is fantastic and we are excited for both of them as they start their new adventure.  They are actually looking to move to the KC area in the next year so we are very excited at the thought of having them near.
Mimi got to go with us on the trip which was a huge help.  Not only on the 5 1/2 hour car ride but also during the wedding festivities.  Kyle was a groomsman in the wedding so there were some extra duties.  The kids got to come to the wedding and the reception and they had an absolute blast.  They were dancing like crazy people and having the time of their lives.  When we got in the car to come home Margaret told me that her feet were soooo tired from dancing and she needed some sleep.  You don't hear this much from my two-year-olds mouth so I knew the night had been a good one.
You may be wondering why no pictures, well really we were all just too busy trying to get places on time that every time I thought about taking a pic I just talked myself out of it because my hands were full.  I am hoping that some good ones were taken at the reception and I can post later.
There is just one pic that I was able to take on the trip and it requires a little story telling.
Anyone that knows me knows that I love to save a buck.  By listening to my sister-in-laws I know that this holds true for my brothers as well... I think we can thank our good ole dad for this one.  Anywhoo, I found a hotel near all of the wedding sites that was a little bit cheaper than the one they suggested.  After reading many excellent reviews online I figured what the heck, let's save money!  Well this is what I got...
yes folks this is a train track and this picture was taken outside our room window and no I did not use the zoom!  This was a working Amtrak which had trains passing through about six times between 6:00 pm and 6:30 am.  It seemed as though everytime they got to our window they blew the whistle.  Oh good times, good times with Mimi, Kyle and three kids!
I can't wait to write my review for the hotel, I think all I will write is TRAINS, TRAINS, and more TRAINS!

No comments: