Sunday, September 13, 2009

Irish Fest


Last weekend we made it to the Irish Festival.  I have been wanting to go for years since I have lived here but something always seems to come up Labor Day weekend and we never make it.  This year Kyle was coming off of a week of night float and we had to clear the house to allow him some sleepy time so we took the complimentary tickets (score) that my neighbor gave us and headed over to Crown Center.
There was loads of things for little ones to do, just a little pricey.  Children under twelve got in free but to do any of the activities they needed a $10 bracelet or they could pay per activity.  Since we were staying awhile I caved and bought the bracelets and it was definitely worth it, the kids had a blast.  The theme for the kids was pirates and fairies!

Sir Walter with his mighty sword.  
He loved this balloon sword and he carried it around all day having sword fights with his cousins.  He couldn't wait to show his daddy when he got home.  As he was walking into the backyard to show Kyle it got caught on a bush and popped before he could show it to him.  He had the saddest look on his face...it was pitiful!
My pink fairy Isabella really got into this theme.  She brought her own wings to the fest and spotted a matching wand when we got there.  Cha-ching  $$$$ times two for the other fairy who spent most of the day looking like this...
my little green fairy brought wings as well but for some reason has been unhappy with life lately.  I am hoping that this is just a stage and something that shall too pass because I need my Margaret giggles back fast!

It was a beautiful day and the kids got to spend the day with wonderful family.  Lots of cousins, aunts and uncles, and second cousins.  I had a great time seeing everyone and listening to the music, it was beautiful!

No comments: