Friday, July 10, 2009

Fourth of July


We woke up to rain this Fourth of July morning, but that didn't stop us from having a fabulous Fourth of July weekend!  I have decided that I love it when July 4th is on a Saturday.  Kyle had Friday off and it was just nice to have a three day weekend with him home.

We started off our morning with one of my kids favorite things to do, play in shaving cream.  I don't mind this activity either, it keeps them occupied for at least an hour and the clean up isn't so bad.  They love the way it feels, smells, and the whole idea of getting messy.
We decided to be very patriotic and add our red and blue to make it festive.
The girls got even more patriotic with their fingers and toes (with a little help from mommy)

We spent a wonderful afternoon/evening at my cousin's house who lives here in KC.  She has a beautiful backyard with a swimming pool and tons of other fun things to do that kept my kids busy for hours.  I swear they were in the pool five hours!  It was also nice to see aunts, uncles, and lots of cousins.  
Isabella going down the slide.  This was also fun for me to, I don't think that I had done this in years.
Margaret liked hanging out in the hot tub.
Love this pic!
Walter was hell on wheels the entire night, he could not sit still.  The girls did some little snaps and we were able to see a nice fireworks display through the trees.  We didn't leave the party until 11:00 that night and my kids were already asking when we could go back.  It was a great day:)

No comments: