Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lake Quivira

Yesterday we spent the day with our friends at Lake Quivira.  It was a beautiful day and it felt like we were on a mini vacation.  We were there to visit a wonderful family whom I have tutored several of their children for the last two years and we have all just became friends.  This is one of my favorite jobs to do because they let me bring my kids with me when I tutor and they have a ball.  There are five children total and I just love all of the chaos when I am there.  Their mother is an amazing woman who is not only the most patient mother I know but so amazingly strong in her faith.  Her children range from college age to the youngest being a seventh grader and they all are so polite and wonderful with my children.  Here are some shots of our fun filled day...

Isabella testing the water.  It was surprisingly warm considering all of the rain that we have had lately.
Margaret loved squishing the sand beneath her toes.
Walter loved the sand and everything that came with it.  At one point it was on every square inch of his body (including his tush!)  I am still finding it in our car:)

We ended our day with a nice boat ride that lulled a few of my little ones to sleep.
I got to relax while others entertained my kiddos and they got their baby fix...it was a perfect day.

No comments: