Monday, July 11, 2011

Floatin and Boatin

Okay, it has taken me awhile to pull myself together since our lake trip and I may have gone into picture overload but as I was looking through my pictures tonight I was remembering all of these moments and I couldn't resist. I actually already miss these guys!
My brother and his family were back in Kansas for the first time in about two and a half years. Life has lead them here and there and everywhere and we were just so excited to have them all home for two whole weeks!
What better way to celebrate than to throw a few swimsuits in a bag and head to the lake! Well that is just what we did, although it was a bit more than a few swimsuits in a bag considering we had six adults and six kids all ages six and under.
We headed down to Table Rock, a special place where I grew up learning how to water ski, jet ski, and tube until I just couldn't take it anymore.
What I love about this place is that when I am here I am in complete lake mode. We are in our swimming suits from the moment we wake up to the moment we crash in our beds to recharge for the next day.
Cousins!
These girls hadn't seen each other, other than Skype, for 2 1/2 years and they picked up right where they left off.
Inseparable!
Mimi and Papa celebrated their birthday's while we were there.
I have always thought that it was amazing how my parent's birthdays were one day apart:)
Night time fishing.

Caroline loved getting to know her Aunt Cecilia!
She actually let her hold her most of the time we were there.
Kyle spent some time trying to get Isabella up on skies. She was pretty close but probably needs another year to gain that arm strength. She didn't like that the water kept spraying up in her face. She told me that she was afraid that she might swallow a fish:)
Our down time was spent just hanging out. These two guys are just seven months apart. They hadn't seen each other since Walter was just one-year-old. They had a great time playing trains and cars.
He will probably hate this picture but it is one of my favorites because Walter thought he was hilarious!
Going on a ride on Papa's jetski.
Miss Caroline did so good on this trip. She loved the boat rides and swimming in the lake.

He almost caught a fish!
Relaxing with Papa.
Loving the water!
Love my boys!
Watching the big kids play outside while I packed our bag for the day.
The only one missing here is Isabella, she was off on a jet ski ride.
Are you kidding me, isn't she the cutest thing ever!
Love this girl!

My crazy family!
We spent our mornings and evenings on the lake but our afternoons were spent by the pool. The place we stayed was rocking this old school slide. I think that there may be a reason that they don't make these anymore.
The girls went down it about 3,000 times and luckily no one got hurt.
I love these guys so much and am so thankful that they got to come and spend this special time with us!

The End!
Hope to see you again next year!
(yes that is Flat Cow from Chick-Fil-a, he went to the lake with us too)

1 comment:

bethany said...

LOVE all the pics ESPECIALLY the silhouette fishing picture!!! Looks like yall had a blast!!