Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Hello, is anyone out there?????


Yes, we are all still alive at our house.
We made it home safe and sound (despite the flat tire on the way home).
Okay pretty ridiculous that it has taken me like two weeks to recoup but really being the mom is hard work! Never did I realize all of the thought and preparation that my mother went through each year when they took us on trips. Seriously she needs to be Sainted for allowing us to go each year and not complaining about it.

I must say it was worth every ounce of sleep that I lost because I got to have some much needed family time without all of the normal distractions of life.
We took our family to a very special place that is close to my heart, Beaver Creek, CO. Ten years ago after a day of skiing and an ice cold beer my best bud proposed to me here as we watched a fireworks show on the mountain and at that moment we were talking about bringing our kids there someday to ski. Well we were finally able to do it and it was so fun to see my kids in this element.

Getting Miss Margaret ready for ski school was quite the challenge as this girl doesn't like to work up a sweat. Once out on the mountain she cooled off (I think it was like 5 degrees this day) and had a great time. When I picked her up at the end of the day the first thing she let me know is that they let her rest and take as many breaks as she wanted to. You see Miss M likes to have fun but she also likes to just chill. When I asked her instructor if she took lots of "breaks" she just smiled. Right then I knew my answer:)
This little dude was a charmer!
They normally don't let them do ski school until they are three but since he is potty trained they let him have a shot.
When I picked him up from school one of the instructors came up to me and asked if I was Walter's mom. Now this is sometimes a tricky question, not knowing what it was in reference to I wasn't sure how to answer. She then let me know that he was awesome out there and when older kids in his class cried or got sad he went up to them, patted their backs and said, "It's otay, it's gonna be awrite". That's my boy, love this about him!
Walter riding the magic carpet back to the top.

Wasn't sure how Miss Cautiousness was going to handle this whole skiing thing but boy did she blow me away! She loved ski school and made several runs with her daddy. I did find out on the way home that she almost slid through the trees going really fast. Didn't like hearing this, this is what I had nightmares about before our trip! Good thing for helmets and Daddy's!
When we weren't on the mountain we were cuddled by the fireplace playing games,
or just dancing in our underwear:)
Isabella took this shot to prove that "Mommy went on our trip too".
Our condo was ski in/ski out which is what I would highly suggest with kids. Right below us was the village ice skating rink and restaurants and everything was all in walking distance.







This is what happens when Daddy takes the girls skiing and leaves little man with me...
This is what happens when I bribe him with hot apple cider and candy:)


Please excuse this picture, I had to post it because this is like our spot (the whole engagement thing) but it really is a bad shot. Fireworks are hard to capture in a pretty way and Kyle's a little crazy looking.

One moment I didn't get a picture of but wish I would have is when Margaret got up and sang "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" into a microphone in front of about fifty people just to get a free CD of a local guy that has played in Beaver Creek for the last twenty years.

We are home, we are unpacked, laundry is done, we are already dreaming about going back!

Oh, and just in case you are wondering yes that is Justin Bieber added to my play list.
It was not a mistake.
We are having a bit of Bieber Fever here:)

2 comments:

bethany said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It looks like you guys had a fantastic time and how special to be able to take your kiddos back to where you got engaged! Mat has already been promising Campbell that he'll have her on double diamonds in no time...uhm...YIKES?!

Staci said...

Looks like a great trip!!!!