Thursday, February 17, 2011

Nine Months!

My little sweetpea hit her nine month mark a couple of days ago and we celebrated by having some one-on-one time while the others were at school.
She let me play dress-up and we had a blast!
Little Miss is growing up so fast!
The other night as I was rocking her to sleep I realized that she completely fills up my lap and I swear I saw hints of a little girl lying there.
It drives my other kids crazy because the highlight of their day was getting to hold her and she wants nothing to do with that now. She is a busy gal and she wants to explore on her own. One of their favorite things to do with their little sis is to get her crawling and to go under one side of the coffee table and out the other side. She follows them each time and I swear they could do it for an hour if I let them.
This is one of my favorite shots because when ever she is concentrating on something her little tongue creeps out.

What is rockin in Caroline's world...

* no teeth yet *
This is so strange to me since my others had at least two or three teeth at this point. I have started to chop up food really small for her just in case she never gets teeth that way she can learn to gum everything:) Her favs right now are strawberries with bananas mixed in and peas. She is also a great little meat eater. She had her first steak this week and loved it!

* still does the army crawl *
Goes about everywhere around this house but slides across the floor on her belly. She really gets a workout from this because she has to use her arms so much. She gets up on those hands and knees and goes a few inches but then plops down to her belly. This is fine by me, she doesn't realize how much faster she could go if she did it the other way and this momma doesn't have her gates out yet.

* loves to stand *
She is not pulling herself up to a complete stand yet by herself but with a little help from mom once she is in standing position she loves it. She just smiles and you can tell it is a whole new world for her.

* mommy's girl *
We are going through the stranger anxiety phase right now. Even when they are not strangers to her she freaks! She really just wants her mommy pretty much at all times. She loves on her daddy when he gets home but keeps one eye on me to make sure that I am not sneaking off anywhere. My other kids really didn't experience this quite to this extreme. Should I be worried?

* dadda *
For being such a mommy's girl she sure likes to say her Daddy's name a lot! We get a lot of babbles out of her which is amazing in a house as noisy as ours. Maybe she just feels like she needs to be heard. I really don't notice her noise level until we are at church and my other ones are quiet. This is when it seems like she is really talking her head off.

We had so much fun playing dress up but we kind of did miss everyone else and all of the chaos that comes along with them. Some times she will squawk at them if they touch her but I can tell that she likes having them close to her.

Happy Nine Months Sweetpea!
Keep rockin our world!
We love you!

4 comments:

Staci said...

She is darling! Jillian is 100% momma's girl still, but has opened up to others. Sometimes it is overwhelming that she only wants me, but wouldn't change it for the world!

bethany said...

Look at you miss photog! Those pics are adorable!! I love the last two!

And yes I would LOVE to get our little girls together sometime soon!!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Caroline is adorable and I love her little tongue sticking out. so much fun playing dress i wanted to join you all.
Love the blog and the Irish munchkins.
nancy

Kim said...

Awesome pics Jess! They look pro-fesh! :) Nice work. She is to cute.