Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Four Little Pumpkins!

Why does she look so worried????
Maybe it is because we just had a whirlwind of a weekend and with only hours of daylight left to spare on Sunday we packed in our annual trip to the pumpkin patch. This is Caroline's first trip to the pumpkin patch and this is the only picture I got of her. I guess it just truly portrays her state of mind at the time, "Where the heck am I now???"

We were here, there, and everywhere this weekend celebrating Aunt Kari and Uncle Ben's wedding! It was amazing and I will have many pictures of my little ones, who in my opinion rocked, as they walked down the longest aisle in KC. After all of the festivities we headed out on our annual pumpkin picking adventure but this year we traveled to a different patch. One where the kids could just pick their pumpkin off of the vine. My only rule was, "If you can't carry it, don't pick it!"
Here is Walter giving this lil' pumpkin a test try. Looks a little heavy there buddy!
Picking a perfect pumpkin is hard work!
Once the pumpkins were picked we got to load them on a hayrack and were pulled by a huge tractor. Notice our two green pumpkins. For some reason these were a hit with the girls. They insisted we go green:)

Here is a fun shot that I hope to capture each year.
We had beautiful fall weather as we were pumpkin picking. That, along with a handful of fresh kettle corn to munch on as we watched the kids run through the corn maze made for a perfect ending to our weekend...
that is until this little pumpkin decided to get grumpy and we had to head home.

1 comment:

bethany said...

Precious pumpkins! What is it about kiddos getting grumpy at the pumpkin patch?! Which patch did you guys go to?