Monday, October 18, 2010

KC Marathon

Last weekend I had the pleasure of running the KC 1/2 Marathon. I actually say this with such joy because I got to run part of it with my bestie (my babies daddy), the weather was perfect, the scenery was gorgeous, and I actually finished.
I finished in 2 hours 2 minutes and 5 seconds to be exact:)
I got this idea to run this race while this little one was still in my tummy. Every time I have had a child I set some sort of goal to meet after they arrive to help get myself back into shape and feeling great. I started with 5 K's, 10 K's, and now the 1/2. There were many early mornings and long weekend runs to accomplish this. I couldn't have done it without my husband who not only put up with me but was always there to rub my achy legs, help dress the blisters on my feet, and kept my babies occupied while I was out pounding the pavement.
At the same time I was training, he was training for his third full marathon. Between work, family, and this I don't know how he kept it all together but he did and I am very proud of him.
This journey was amazing and very therapeutic for me.
With all of life's craziness this was actually one thing that slowed things down a bit for me.

3 comments:

Rebecca Moore Photography said...

Way to go! I am so impressed that you did this - especially after just having Caroline. Amazing! We will be home for a week at Thanksgiving, so hopefully we can see you guys.

Staci said...

You are awesome!

Dr. Dad said...

Honey you are a total bad%$& and I am so proud of you. To do this 5 months after birth, getting up all hours of the night to nurse, and being the most excellent wife and mother while your husband works and still train and run the time you did, in totally AWE, I LOVE YOU!!