Sunday, January 31, 2010

Kindergarten

It is almost too hard for me to write about because it makes it all so real but today I enrolled my baby girl into Kindergarten! She is soooo ready for this and I know that I really am too but it is just hard for me to believe how fast time has gone with her.
It is Catholic Schools Week and the elementary school kids participated in the mass today. She was so intrigued by this. It didn't really occur to me until we had been home for about an hour and I heard her talking about Jesus in the living room. When I went in I saw that she had gotten one of her children's bible stories and was standing in front of Margaret reading aloud. I asked her what they were playing and she told me that she was eleven years old and that she was saying the reading at church. Are you kidding me! She is light years to where I was when I was her age, I don't think that I ever played church. I may have to ask Mimi about this one...

I am very excited for this new adventure with her because I know that she is just going to blossom! I just don't want it all to go by too fast. Each day I try to remind myself to slow down and soak every square inch of them in so that I never forget how they are at this very moment. Is this possible? Any tips???

No comments: