Monday, January 11, 2010

Big Boy!

We are at day five with no paci and surprisingly I haven't lost any sleep because of it. Ever since Walter was 10 months old he only gets his paci in his crib when he is sleeping. When he wakes from a nap or bedtime it has become a game for him to try to throw the paci back into his crib and he tells it bye-bye until next time. He doesn't cry for it or ask for it during the day because he knows the only way to get it is to go to bed. This has worked really well and probably been the reason why he is my child that has had it the longest. We are hoping to transition him from the crib to bed here shortly and I wanted to take care of this habit before we made this move. Last Thursday as I was getting him ready for bed I told him he wouldn't get his paci tonight because he is a big boy. I was shocked because he never even cried for it and just kept saying "big boy" "big boy" over and over. I think that he was trying to convince himself that this was true:) As much as it pains me to see him go from the baby that I remember holding in my arms to the funny little toddler man that he is I am so thankful that this has gone so smoothly. When I did this with Margaret I thought things were going so well and on night two Kyle discovered she was sucking her thumb. She has been a full time thumb sucker ever since. Don't worry, we are already saving for braces:)
Way to go little man, mommy is so proud of you!

No comments: