Friday, December 4, 2009

The Ice at Park Place

A couple of nights ago we took the kids ice skating!
This is something that the girls have been begging to do for quite some time but we had to plan it on a night when Kyle was home. I love to ice skate, just not when I am four months pregnant and have a 1 1/2-year-old to chase after. We took them to The Ice at Park Place because it is a much smaller rink than at Crown Center and on a week night hoping there would be less people. I just wanted their first experience to be a positive one.
We had success, there were only about ten other people skating that night and the weather was perfect, not too cold but just cold enough to enjoy some hot chocolate.
Isabella went way beyond my expectations! She loved being on the ice and by the end of the night she was skating on her own.
My little bitty Margaret did a great job too for a gal that just turned three.

This was by far her favorite part of the night!
Taking a rest.
My little man was very upset that he couldn't skate. He literally threw himself down into a rage of a fit everytime I had to chase him off of the ice. Is this what a red headed temper is like????? HOLY COW! Kyle did take him for a spin around the rink but was told by the staff that was probably not a good idea.

No comments: