Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Frosty the Snowman

Her big recital is not until the spring but every year her dance teacher has them put on a little show for Christmas. They did a little tap to "Frosty the Snowman" and it was just so darn cute! She had been practicing religiously at home and when it came time to get up there in front of the parents she was not shy at all. I actually could hear her voice belting out all of the words to the song! I love how her dance teacher incorporates the singing into the dances.
Showing us her moves!
Okay, this is the part that made me cry. Ballet has always been my favorite even as a young child. When I danced I grew to love it even more and was so proud the day I went on pointe. I did have the long legs but unfortunately I was not as graceful as I had hoped to be. I was more like a newborn colt. When these wee ones put on their ballet shoes and the music started I saw my daughter really concentrating and moving through all of her positions like she had been doing it forever.
I was so proud of you sweetbug!

No comments: