Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Things have been so busy around the Zimmerman household this holiday season as is in every household I would guess. Each year I tell myself to slow down, things don't have to be perfect, and don't stress the small stuff. This year there wasn't much stressing just a lot of busyness. As a child I remember Christmas being so magical and I want this for my kids. I just didn't realize what my mom had to go through to make it this way and boy did it wear this mama out! No matter how early I start my shopping there is always one last gift to buy. No matter how much baking I do there is always something more to bake (especially when I am pregnant:). This year Isabella was really into the Christmas crafts so each day we had a new project to tackle. My most favorite activity that we did together this Christmas was the advent. Each night we did the advent as a family and my kids loved it! I got this great book from our church of daily readings with discussions for the advent season and my girls just really seemed to get it. We had some great discussions and they loved blowing the candles out each night. We had a fabulous Christmas and it was pretty spectacular to wake up Christmas morning to all of that snow. We did miss out on a few family functions because of the weather but what we have discovered is that it is also nice to be with our own little family.

We did find out wonderful news about our May arrival. Baby is very healthy:) I had a sonogram on Monday and all of the parts are where they should be. Kyle and the kids were with me on this visit because we were going to find out the gender. Turns out we have a stubborn, camera shy baby. They sent me home because this little bean would not cooperate! Two days later I went back to have a do over and it was at it again, legs crossed and butt up. After many pokes and prods to my belly it finally gave us a peek...
IT"S A GIRL!!!!
We are so very excited and can't wait to meet her! The only concern that Isabella has is that Walter will not have anyone to play with. I explained that he would have plenty of friends and grow up to be a very patient man:)

School is still out and my tutoring is at a stand still so I am going to kick back, relax (whatever that means), and enjoy the New Year! I hope that you all do too!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Walter's new hat from Aunt Kari and Uncle Ben.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!!
Isabella loved the snow this year, played in it forever!
This little missy wasn't as big as a fan. She liked it but didn't like being so cold.
Breaking in our new sleds.
She loves her Hello Kitty bike.
Getting a feel for her "big" girl Barbie bike.
Of course Santa brought this little guy a bike of his own.
Nothing like green sprinkled sugar cookies on Christmas morning.
We loved getting to see Grandnana, Grandpapa, Nana, and Aunt Maureen
Grandpapa was brave to let him eat this on white carpet.
Best buds!
Happy Birthday Jesus party with our friends.
Checking out the train display at Union Station.
Afternoons of fun playdates with good friends.
Baking with our Mimi...
we look forward to it every year!
So does this guy even though he wasn't much help:)

No comments: