Monday, November 30, 2009

Introducing Ari and Walt!

Shortly after our beloved fish Pippi passed away I let the girls pick out new fish to fill their fish bowl. Of course they each wanted one this time around and they picked out these lovely goldfish. I was little nervous about these guys, which is why I am just now posting about them because I wasn't sure how long I could keep them alive. I was nervous for several reasons. I have never had a goldfish, only beta's, and when I researched anything about them they just sounded more high maintenance and let's just say I get to the fish when I get to it.

Much to my surprise they have been a delight! They are constantly playing with each other and chasing each other around the bowl which has been so much more entertaining than what Pippi would ever do. And also to my surprise, they have been alive about a month now!
Isabella named her fish Ari (a play name that they have had for ages, don't have a clue where it came from but usually it is Walter's name when they play) and Margaret named her fish Walt (this is actually what she calls her brother when she is being sweet to him). Wondering if these guys will last the full year-and-a-half that Pippi did...we will see!

No comments: