Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Today we celebrated 50 fabulous years with America's favorite doll, Barbie.
I took the girls to the Toy & Miniature Museum of Kansas City for the celebration. This is another place I have been wanting to take the kids but wanted to wait until they were old enough to enjoy it. It was such a fun and magical place that brought back many memories of my childhood toys.
The girls loved the Barbie exhibit which featured the original Barbie and how she has changed through each generation. I learned a few new things about Barbie myself, at one time they made a pregnant Barbie and also a grandma and grandpa Barbie. Who knew! They also had crafts for the kids, they got to make bracelets out of beads and Barbie shoes. And best of all they had a full birthday honoring her with yummy cake and icecream.
Another favorite at the museum was all of the dolls and dollhouses. The girls loved peeking into the windows of each house to see what was going on inside. It was amazing to me all of the details that each house had. Each room was lit up and just full of coziness.
All in all this was a great way to spend a cold and rainy Saturday, I highly recommend it!

No comments: