Monday, October 22, 2012

Isabella Lynn is EIGHT!!!

Another year has passed and her candle keeps getting shorter!  
About a month ago my Izzy B turned EIGHT!  Even though it has taken me forever to post these pics this was a very special birthday!  Not only was it the first birthday for us to celebrate in our new house but it was also another year to celebrate my first born baby girl!  
Because her big day fell in the middle of the week we had our first celebration the weekend before.  Thank goodness Mimi and Papa made it to town to help us kick things off!  Being new to town, we decided to keep things low key this birthday as far as  throwing a big party with friends. It just didn't feel right to invite 22 kids we really didn't know and have my daughter think it normal to receive 22 gifts from kids we really didn't know!  We kept it family style, and I must admit...it was kind of nice!  We did all of the things we would have done at a big party, swimming/pinata/tacos/candy/ice cream sundaes/running around screaming like crazy people on a sugar high/goody bags/special pop/happy birthday song/candles/steamers and so on!  When you have four kids you kind of always have a party going on:)
What I enjoyed is actually getting to take the time to be with my little girl without running around crazy hosting a party.   Don't get me wrong here, I love to throw a good party but usually at the end of one of these I am so exhausted I can hardly remember if the birthday child enjoyed their day.  She is not going to be a little girl much longer and this is probably the last and only year I will get away with this, but it was great and I think that she thought so too!  
Mimi Love!
Maybe I had a little bit of mommy guilt!  
Kyle and I swore that our child would be a teenager before she got an i touch...well folks we caved!  But look at that smile on her beautiful face!  She, in fact still, smiles like this everytime she plays it!  We set it up to be internet free and can really only be controlled by her daddy (until she figures out how to outsmart us, which is soon).  
Happy Birthday my Beautiful Isabella!
I remember the day you were born, the first time I laid eyes on you and held you in my arms.  I loved you before I met you, but each day I fall in love with you even more.  You work so hard at each and every thing that you do.  I am impressed by how quick you learn and how dedicated you are to doing your best at all times.  You are a great daughter, sister, and friend to everyone you meet!

You Rock!
love mom

No comments: