Monday, October 22, 2012

What's Up?

As you can see we have a cheerleader in the house!!!
This pic was taken right before we headed out to her first Homecoming Parade!  That's right folks, the people in this town are hardcore about their school pride.  If you are willing and able they slap those colors on you and march you around no matter what age you are!  I think it is great!  Much different than how it was when I was growing up, but still pretty awesome.  I was very naive about what this parade would entail as I headed out with my four kids, no stroller, no snacks, no drinks, no wallet,  no husband, about five minutes before I needed to be there.  Little did I know that streets would be blocked off, parking would be impossible, and that my son's shoe would break three steps into our 1.5 mile walk without a stroller:)  Are you kidding me here! 
 It was so fun to see my girl marching through town concentrating and nailing her routine.  Even though it started out nuts, we made it home in one piece and loved every minute of it.  The hometown feeling and school pride was so nice to see and feel.  I haven't quite experienced anything like it, but I am excited for my kids because this will be their normal.  This will be what they remember!
Besides cheering this girl has been busy with tumbling and swim team.  She loves being a 2nd grader and is working hard towards her First Communion.  
Miss Margaret is loving Kindergarten!
  Her only complaint, "Mom, it is just too long!  I get too tired!!!"  Seriously, are you five?  If you know Margaret, you know this girl needs her sleep!  She went from two hour naps a day to nothing!  Her favorite part of the school day is centers and she blows me five kisses everyday as I drop her off at school, I love this girl!
Between ballet and swimming she tries to sneak in as much down time as she can.  
Walter has made some great friends already in PreK!  
It is much different picking him up each day and hearing the "boy" version of what he did at school today.  I basically get, "I worked, I went outside to play, then I came home".  Where do they learn this stuff?  My girls always give me the details, gonna have to be creative to get the goods out of this boy!  I did get out of him that he and his friends run from the "kissing girls" at recess.  Hmmmm, claims he hasn't been caught by these girls yet, more and more like his daddy each day:)
Soccer and swimming are keeping him busy this fall!
Cuteness written all over her!  
She lives the life! 
 After we drop the munchkins off at school she gets me all to herself!  This little chick makes me laugh constantly!  She is loving her ballet class with her new friends and she loves to go to story time!
She has also been saving me some money in the diaper department.  After buying diapers for my children for eight consecutive years we are officially potty trained!  Hopefully I haven't bragged too soon, as this is always a sure fire way to backfire on me, but with several months under our belt I am proud of my baby girl!  We have traveled the last two weekends on long four hour trips and have been in-and-out of other people's houses without an accident.  I am crossing my fingers here, but I think this might be for real!  I feel very bittersweet about this, just knowing she is my last.  Call me crazy, but I just might miss that diaper butt squeezed into her tights!  All-in-all, she is officially BIG, which makes my heart fall a little!  I love her, but please make her stop growing:)
Sucking in as much of him as we can!  Park time with daddy is always one of our favorites things to do.  He has been busy at his new job so any chance we can take him away and be silly we do!  God has definitely given him a gift and if it weren't for all of his hard work we wouldn't be where we are today!
Nana came for a post-celebration for Isabella's birthday.  She got to sneak some time in to watch some ballet and a soccer game too!  It was so nice having her here, the time went too quickly!

No comments: