Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Soccer Time!!!

The girls started soccer last week and oh has it been interesting!!! This is Isabella's second year and Margaret's first. Let's just say on the first night of practice I had to leave early but when my husband got home with them he was fit to be tied. Apparently they both cried, for different reasons, during practice and he just doesn't understand what is wrong with them. I guess I need to remind him that they have half of my gene pool going on in them, not just his. Not that I am not competitive, just not in team sports. I am actually just more competitive with myself if that makes any sense. The story I got was that Isabella lost control of her ball was embarrassed, which brought on her tears, while Margaret was just plain tired. When I asked Margaret the next morning why she cried she said, "Mom, my feet and legs were so tired that they couldn't stay awake".
Last year Isabella got in there with the rest of the kids but wasn't really aggressive. This year I see a huge difference so far. When they do dribble races she actually tries to run fast to beat the other kids. We have our first game in a few weeks so I am anxious to see how she will play. Margaret is doing a great job of just trying to listen and keep up. We did make it through the second practice with no tears, that in itself is a big deal.
Soccer Star
Great kick!
Margaret in action.
Isabella, Margaret, and Addison
Sisters!!!

No comments: