Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy 7th Birthday!


Today my Isabella turned seven!!!
Most of our celebrations were this past weekend (many pics to follow) but I did manage to get her to pose for a few pics in front of her Birthday candle before she headed out to school this morning.

Each night before a birthday I pull out the Birthday candle, set it on the same candlestick as the year before, and use it to decorate their Birthday spot at the dinner table. Once this is done, I go upstairs and decorate their doorway so that when they wake up in the morning they feel extra special as they walk out of their room. Kyle thinks I'm nuts, but what he doesn't know is that these guys start talking about my crazy rituals days before their actual birthday. I usually hear them talking as we are driving down the road, and this year was no different. Last week Isabella was discussing with Margaret what color of streamers I was going to use this year for her doorway.
This year as I pulled out her candle I first noticed how light the box was that I keep it in. Once I had it out of the box I then noticed how short it was. My first thought was that it must have broken...then after looking more closely I saw that she has almost lived half of it's 18 year span. I was really doing okay with this turning seven thing, until that moment. A timeline of the years I have with her home (assuming she moves out at 18) looks a heck of a lot shorter than what I have imagined in my head. This was just a great reminder to me that time is going fast. It reminded me to stop, slow down, and appreciate everything that this girl brings my way. The good, the bad, and everything in between.
Happy 7th Birthday my sweet Isabella!
Your love for life is so BIG, just like your heart:)

No comments: