Sunday, January 5, 2014

June: Floatin and Boatin!

Lake Trip!!!

Lots of fun and loads of pictures to share from our amazing annual trip to Table Rock Lake!
This year we splurged and treated the kiddos to a fun stay at Big Cedar Lodge.

I have been coming to this lake since I was a little girl!
Mimi and Papa would always take us to the same resort...Quiet Acres!
This was the closet thing to "roughing" it that I ever had!  We were in the middle of nowhere, we stayed in a real log cabin that had air conditioning/one bathroom/two bedrooms (with two brothers this meant I slept on the couch)/a barely partial kitchen/no TV/a long uneven trail to the waterfront/the original owners who also built the cabins/two dogs and a couple of strays that were there every year/a huge bonfire pit that when you moved the rocks around it to sit you were always looking for snakes/the prettiest skiing water I have ever seen!
I would awake at sunup and try to beat my brothers to the lake to be the first to ski.  Spending all day skiing/jet skiing/jumping off the dock a million times...it just never got old for me!


I could go on and on here but as you can tell so many things about this lake warm my heart!  
It is a true blessing to me that I get to bring my kids here each summer to relive these amazing memories with them!

I will say that Big Cedar is an amazing place to be but I hope to kick it back old school next year!  I believe in letting my kids experience a little bit of "roughing it"!

One of the many things that are awesome about Big Cedar is that there are many nightly activities planned on the grounds...you don't even have to leave if you don't want to!  Here we are with Mimi getting ready to make our smores!

Night time swim in ONE of the many  pools at the Lodge!  They even had a movie night where the kids got to swim and watch a movie at the same time...spoiled!

Sunsetting in the background and one of my favorite shots of my parents.  My mom will die when she sees this but is one of my favorite shots of her!  No makeup and no time to do hair!  I love seeing her so  natural!

Papa and his girls!

Kind of sick of pictures at this point!

Another fun pool at the Lodge!  I wish I would have gotten a shot of Mimi going down this slide!

So proud of this man!  
Today was his 61st birthday and he still wanted to ski with me!
Please Lord, make me able to do this when I am his age!

We found the perfect cliff for the kids to jump off of!

Skier down!

Margaret up!

Isabella up!

Walter up!

Daddy's Girl!



Caroline up!  
Look at that smile on her face!
So proud!!!

I love my family!
I love our time together!
Nothing in this world makes me happier!

No comments: