Monday, April 12, 2010

The Farm

I have been so MIA from my blog lately so for those of you who actually follow us I apologize for the absence. No, I didn't have the baby yet... my only excuse is that life is busy with these three munchkins and this mama is tired! At the end of the day the only thing that I look forward to doing is crawling into my big bed and getting some sleep because I know that this baby girl is going to wake me around 3:30 a.m. for some serious kicking!

A couple of weeks ago we kicked off the spring season with a trip to one of our favorite places, the Deanna Rose Farm. We were there for opening day and the kids had a blast. Isabella and Margaret were most excited to see if Pipi the milking cow was still there. We have seen her there for the past two years and she was a favorite of my girls. I think it is mainly because every spring we go she is pregnant again and as Isabella says, "Kind of like you Mommy". Boy does this make me feel good:) Gotta love the honesty. Unfortunately she isn't there right now, not sure if she will be there at all this year. One of the newest additions to the farm is the Bank. When you visit the bank you get a booklet of questions to answer and you have to go throughout the farm to get the clues and answers. This was right up Isabella's alley and kept her interested while we were there. We have gone for so many years I was worried that she might be bored with it this year but this activity held her interest and was very educational. They change the questions each month for the kids to change it up and keep them interested, very cool in my opinion.

We finally got this girl on a horse and she loved it! She immediately had to call Papa to let him know. He promised to have one at his house each time she came to visit this summer so that she could practice riding.
This little guy loved the farm. Last year he was young enough that he couldn't enjoy it completely or really probably remember much about it. Here he is in the school house practicing his writing skills:)
Having fun in the flower garden.
Margaret's favorite is still feeding the goats. I begged her to ride the horse but she refused. Maybe by the end of summer I can talk her into it.
He thought these guys were so funny. Each time they took food from him he would laugh.

No comments: