Sunday, September 7, 2008

Waving the soggy wheat...

Rain, sleet, or snow plan on the Zimmerman clan to be at the game! Yes, we spent a soggy evening in Lawrence watching the Jayhawk's victory. The day actually started out promising. Isabella woke up feeling much better (must have just been a little virus, no sign of it yet in the other two). Kyle got to mow the lawn, the girls got to play outside and then around lunch time we had some sprinkles here.
We went ahead and packed up the "mini" and got our KU gear on. I did make plans for Walter and Margaret to go stay with Mimi and Papa because I knew that another late game was not going to work out with all three kids plus with the weather being like it was there was no way they would have enjoyed it. When Kyle and I went into Margaret's room after her nap she saw that we were all wearing our Jayhawks and she insisted on putting her outfit on. I didn't have the heart to tell her quite yet that she would not be going to the game. Once she had her "hayhawk" cheerleader outfit on she was ready to go. Isabella has always loved going to the games and even just driving through Lawrence is a delight to her because she thinks that the Jayhawks live there. I guess I didn't realize that Margaret loved it so much too.
Once in the car I mentioned to Margaret that she would be going to Mimi's house to help Mimi and Papa take care of Walter. Of course she yelled "NO" every time I mentioned it. I was a bit nervous because I didn't even think that this would be a big issue. Once she saw my mom she was fine and when they watched the game on TV she did her cheerleader kicks the whole time.
As I have said to Kyle, I think the brainwashing worked:)
Isabella made it through most of the game with us and we had a great time. No pics this week, it was just too darn wet! Hopefully next game we will get some good fall weather with no rain!

No comments: